Saturday, July 18, 2015

Bright Ideas Blog Hop - July 18th



Happy Summer!

My summer is just about to be over in a little over a week. I have seen pictures of people already preparing their classrooms. UGH!  I have a ton of boxes sitting in my house ready to go into the truck to head over to my classroom.  

Last year I think my kiddos were eating glue sticks.  They all brought in their own personal glue sticks and by April we were OUT!  I knew glue sticks were going to cost me so I came up with another plan.  One that I could use from year to year and consider it an investment.  I bought these bottles and filled them with glue. I found them on Amazon and if you click the image below it will take you to the ones I bought.

 Glue Bottle Daubers

These cuties are 2 ounce bottles and they come in a pack of 12.  I only bought one package and it was enough to make it to the end of the year.  This year I am going to have them out as an option for anyone that wants to use them instead of glue sticks.  

I added the liquid white glue to my "wish list" for my classroom, so hopefully I won't have to buy too much of it on my own.  I also had a shoebox tub that I used to store the bottles in so it all worked out.  Try them out and see what you think!

If you enjoyed this bright idea, please consider joining me on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for more great ideas.

Enjoy the rest of your summer! 


9 comments:

  1. I get tons of white glue and definitely want to try this out! Glue sticks seem to disappear! Thanks for the great idea!

    Curls and a Smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely hated glue sticks and how they often disappear! This is a great tip for keeping the supply and limiting the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good price! I am too chicken to make the glue sponges so this seems like the perfect middle ground for me :) Thanks for sharing Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when the glue bottles clog up, does the glue ever dry out on the dauber top? I'd love to be able to replace regular glue bottles with these!

    Upper Grades Are Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would these dauber covers fit on a regular bottle of glue? I saw you can just buy the covers and I thought it might be easier than filling the dauber bottles from bottles of glue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for using glue. I usually only use glue sticks and we go through way too many!!!! This is a wonderful alternative.
    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dauber idea! My biggest problem with glue sticks is that the students and I have a different opinion about what "done" looks like! They always want to turn them in long before the glue is truly gone. This sounds like a great idea. And it would be a lot more "visual" so kids would know that there was still more left in the container. Thanks for sharing!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think mine ate the glue sticks too! I might have to try this! :)
    Happy Teaching,
    Cassie
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! I saw that you can also use the bottles for water or paint!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete