Saturday, January 17, 2015

Bright Ideas Blog Hop - Managing What? No Way!


Welcome to another "Bright Ideas" blog hop!



For as long as I have been teaching I have always struggled with managing this little item that I am about to share with you!


The 

mere

mention

of

the

name

strikes dread into the hearts of teachers everywhere, every single school year.  



That's right, D R E A D!

It's

the

word

P E N C I L S ! 

AHHHHHHHH!!!

clipart by Whimsy Clips

I told you so!  Did you just envision teachers scattering everywhere, in a state of panic, just to get away?

clipart by Educlips

OK, on the serious side, I have read so many ways on how to manage them, it's ridiculous.  

Folks, there are Pinterest pages dedicated to nothing but pencil management, so you know it is a serious issue.

My latest idea was to grab this little cutie pie from Amazon and try it out.  So far it is working and my firsties are enjoying being able to turn the knob and have a pencil roll into the tray.  Just click on the image to take you to it!


My kiddos want to make sure that they get every single pencil off the floor and into the sharpening tray so that it stays full of pencils.  We even have a special tray for unsharpened pencils that will eventually make their way into our latest little toy. 

 If you enjoyed this bright idea, please consider joining me on Facebook, Teachers pay Teachers or Twitter for more great ideas! 

For more bright ideas from a variety of other bloggers, please browse through the link-up below and choose a topic/grade level that interests you.

Thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I added a link into the picture inside the post and here is the link to it: http://bit.ly/1yDhYuB

      Delete
  2. I keep seeing these and have been curious about trying it! =)

    Tanya
    A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete