Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bright Ideas Blog Hop! HOORAY!


Gotcha! Are you already thinking about what you are going to do differently next year?  Of course you are, we are teachers and we always think ahead.  
I am going to touch on four different areas of organization:

1. DESK-What is with my desk and where did all these papers come from?
2. SUPPLIES-Where am I going to put all of these supplies anyway?
3. TECHNOLOGY-I love technology but why does it come with so many cords?
4. CLASSROOM-Do these kiddos really need this much construction paper? 

I would bet that you can relate to almost every single question on the list so lets get busy......  

1. DESK-What is with my desk and where did all these papers come from?

I am always seeking the answer to this one so where is Yoda when you need him most? One thing that I did this year was an organizational binder that contains all the information that my brain does not want to carry around.  There are many binders out there but we all want one that meets our own needs right?  Where do I put this binder so that I can grab it easily and find it on my desk?  I have this wonderful desktop organizer that I use from Really Good Stuff that looks like this.  


 

2. SUPPLIES - Where am I going to put all of these supplies anyway?

This year my class did not have "community" property and all my kiddos had to keep up with their own supplies in a shoebox that fit nice and neat in their desk. (Yeah right, in a perfect world)  The overflow materials are going to go into one of two of these fantastic three drawer containers with labels laminated and glued to the inside of the drawer.  I also have a little slip of paper that has all their supplies listed that they might need to have replenished.  So, all I have to do is circle what they need to have for class and send it via their mailbox.  
 Maria Manore's Decorated Organizer!
                                                              
3. TECHNOLOGY-I love technology but why does it come with so many cords?
Unfortunately technology does come with a lot of cords and they always seem to end up in places where they can't be seen or reached.  This is great for both 
school and home.
             

4. CLASSROOM-Do these kiddos really need this much construction paper? Really?

Yes, they really do need that much construction paper but I have the best solution to this E V E R!  Put the same color in a hanging file folder and you don't even have to go and get it, the kids can do it all by themselves.
  

OK, we are just about there and just when you thought it was safe I found one other tidbit I thought I would share.  When you do Math/ELA journals (the composition notebooks) have someone cut them in half and they go further. (Check with Lowe's or Home Depot)  

                

I found this easy to do idea on Pinterest and it helps out tremendously.  The only thing I did differently was I rearranged my paint sticks from A to Z going from front to back.  


I hope that as we close our time together that I have inspired you to try something new for next year. 

For more bright ideas from 150 different bloggers, please browse through the link-up below and choose a topic/grade level that interests you. Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. wow! These are fabulous idea! I love the tech one and the colored paper. I have one of those School Specialty construction paper organizers but it takes up so much room. Love this. I would love to be a part of this link up again if it happens! Thanks for sharing!

    xo
    Elizabeth
    MissVericker'sAdventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! we do this Bright Ideas blog hop each month and Shelley Gray from Teaching in the Early Years Blog is the person to talk to so that you can join in the fun. I love your blog and am now a follower via Bloglovin and I love to follow via email as well! Thanks for visiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank you for the awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some seriously great ideas! I especially love the paint sticks! Thank you:)
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete