Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bright Ideas Blog Hop! YEAH!!!



How many times have you ever said this, "I need more books for my classroom library"?  Well, I found this nice little secret a few years back while teaching kindergarten.  I am going to share it with all of you so that you can get books the inexpensive way for your classroom library.  Have you ever heard of "Book Sale Finder"?



Click on the image to take you to their website

When you get to the website you will see the image below along with many other images on their website.  Just click on the state you live in and 


you will see the next image that tells you where all of the book sales that your local library has coming up and the dates and times to visit.  


As you can see I have one to go to in Alpharetta, GA on April 5th.  At my local library I go and get a box or two of books for about $10.00 to $15.00 per box. (they usually run from .50 to $1.00 each) I also find VHS movies really cheap since nobody has a VHS player anymore except me in my classroom!  If you get there early on the first day they open, or go when they have a "library card holder" preview, you can make out like a bandit in the book territory.  I then can use them to send home with my kids and not worry about them getting lost because they can be replaced at the next book sale.  

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they have a Facebook page so click on the link below and follow them to get notifications.

      
Okay, I wanted to keep it short and sweet so you can hop to the next "Bright Idea" in our blog hop!  Here's to happy reading and book finding!  

Now please head to the next blog in the blog hop and go over to visit Gina at "Third Grade Tidbits"…
Thanks for visiting and have fun!



8 comments:

  1. Almost all my classroom books are from book sales! There are a few libraries near me that have book sales (that I found out about on Book Sale Finder) and I visit them all the time! All the books that I get are 25 cents - amazing! I didn't know they had a Facebook page, I'm going to check that out!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going to my book sales and finding something new for my kiddos two times a year or more. I need to go to yours because they are cheaper.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my gosh, Deb! I love this! Had no idea it existed!! Thanks so much for sharing! Love the book quote, too!
    XO
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I hope you were able to find some in your area so you could buy some inexpensive books for your classroom.

      Delete
  3. GREAT idea! I will definitely be sharing this idea with the new teachers at my school! Thanks!

    Christina :)
    Apples, Books, and Crayons
    applesbooksandcrayons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, I do hope you all are able to find some book sales in your area and grab some good deals.

      Delete
  4. Who knew it could be so easy, Deb? Thanks for sharing. I often go to a monthly law firm that runs a huge book donation event once a month. It is a lot of work to get the books, but sometimes very fruitful!

    Nicole
    Mrs, Rios Teaches Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tip! I didn't know about this. A teacher can never have too many books!

    ReplyDelete