Saturday, February 1, 2014

Bright Ideas Blog Hop!



Best Tool Box Organizer E V E R and Welcome to FEBRUARY!

Click above to find this product on Amazon

I purchased this toolbox from Amazon and it needed a facelift.  This is it in the "newbie" stage and "before I  got some ideas in my head" stage.  If you have a theme in your room go to Hobby Lobby and purchase some scrapbook papers you like and don't forget their coupon before you go.  I wanted one where all the drawers were all the same size and some of you will get that and some will just say "good grief".  I had originally purchased the one with the mini drawers on top and the same size drawers you see here on bottom.  When it arrived I decided I didn't like it and gave it to my son to use in his wood-shop.  So I worked all day on this one and I had it all done except for one row.  I started with the first row and got the papers on but didn't think about putting the labels on until AFTER I had done the first row, UGH!  

I did not use a laminator to do the papers and used a large packing tape dispenser to eliminate some steps and work.  The tape works great but don't buy packing tape that is not the invisible kind because it pulls the paper off of the table with static electricity and ruins everything.  A few disasters along the way but the finished product looks like this.  What do you think?  Have you done a cabinet like this and what are your "TIPS AND TRICKS" to decorating one? 



Since I have used it a year now I can tell you from personal experience that it is the best thing I ever did for classroom organization.  My desk isn't cluttered with all of the things inside these drawers any longer.  Everyone that comes in and serves my kids loves it too because they know right where to go to get what they need.  Even my kiddos love it and know where everything is from band-aids to glue sticks!    

If you are looking for MORE great ideas, please visit the Tara's blog by clicking on her blog button below.  


9 comments:

  1. Love my toolbox organizer! Yours looks great!! Thanks for sharing!
    XO
    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I have a smaller version of this that I bought at Home Depot. But, I often wish I had more compartments. Yours is awesome. Love that all the drawers are the same size, too. Thanks.

    Nicole
    Mrs, Rios Teaches Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE my toolbox organizer!!! Mine has different sized drawers - I like how yours are all the same!!!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made mine a few years ago and it's the best thing ever!! I also get so many compliments on it. Yours looks awesome!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your organizer! It is awesome! I may have to get crafty :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "tool box" looked great but you scared me off with the words "Hobby Lobby"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Hobby Lobby, but it can be an expensive trip no more then I get to go.

      Delete
  7. This is a very cute idea- thanks for sharing! How did you get your scrap paper and labels to stick the front of each drawer?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer, I used scrap paper and just put the sticky labels onto the scrap paper. Then I used the invisible packing tape to hold the paper onto the drawers.

    ReplyDelete