Wednesday, January 1, 2014

FIRST POST OF 2014 and Happy New Year to All!


I am joining up with Farley's Blog for the First "Currently" for 2014


Hope everyone had a great start to this new year of 2014! 

It is kind of quiet around here and I like it when it is quiet and peaceful!  After raising four kids and having them all here for Christmas it is good to embrace the quiet!  I enjoy my winter breaks so much but they do have to come to an end next week and I am in such denial.  

How many of you still have your Christmas Tree up or have you taken it down already?  Mine is down and it always looks empty where it once stood.  It's not like it is there all year I promise, but it does seem to take over a certain spot in the house doesn't it?

Anyway, I hope all of you have blessings this year that are too many to count.  Start one of those "Blessings" jars and write down all of the GOOD things in your life and put it in the jar all year.  Then pour it out at the end of the year when family is all around and share the JOY!  I am doing that this year with my family and would love to hear from those of you that have already done it.

Blessings For The New Year!


8 comments:

  1. Hello, I am following your blog. My Christmas tree is still up but is in the process of being taken down. I also like your idea of the Blessing Jar. I need to try it for 2014.

    Jasmine H.
    The Journey of A Future Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Jasmine! Try the blessings jar and let me know what you think and how you do yours. We are doing our immediate family so that we can share at the end of the year with each other.

      Delete
  2. Deb, I am happy to follow you!. I am sorry your son is having difficulties with the VA., please know that many people around the country support our Veteran's. I need to get a blogging calendar too!

    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! We have struggled with the VA for over four years now but hopefully this will be the year that it is resolved and he gets the help he so desperately needs. I am putting my faith into this being the year we get this taken care of.

      Delete
  3. I am not looking forward to taking down my tree for that very reason! It always seems so empty. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your son. Have a wonderful new year!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog today Amy! I love doing Farley's Currently each month and finding new blogs that I have not seen before. Have a safe and wonderful new year! Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for my son!

      Delete
  4. What a nice idea to put the great thoughts of the year in a jar to be read at the end of the year. I think we may just do that here too! I am so sorry to hear of your son's troubles with the VA. I will be thinking of him and hope that he is able to get the help he needs soon.

    Here's to a happy, healthy, and safe 2014 fill with lots of love, laughter, and joy!

    Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start a blogging planner too! Sounds like a fab idea. So glad I stopped by!

    Shannon
    The Teaching Twosome

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...