Friday, October 4, 2013

Five for Friday Weekly LInky Party with Doodle Bugs Teaching!

Click Above to Link Up with Doodle Bugs Teaching

YEAHHHH!  It is Five for Friday, one of my most favorite posting times of the week!  This has been a fun and eventful week in my first grade classroom.  


This week we started doing assessments for reports cards and I don't like doing them because I already know what my kiddos can do.  We have to have proof of what our students are doing though don't we?  Boooo Hisssss!!!  




This week we also had "Paperless Thursday" and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be and the day went by really fast!  We got to use iPods, iPads and laptops and the kids enjoyed using them and were so excited!





 Each Friday right after lunch I always have "Funny Video Friday".  The kids can't get back to the room fast enough, get their lunch boxes put away and on the carpet.  Today we watched the Nolan Cheese commercial but you HAVE to preface it with "the mouse is NOT real" or you will have screaming first graders on your hands!





  
 Here is the video that we watched today and they laughed so hard.  I guess I finally got a group of firsties that appreciate my off beat sense of humor.  LOL
You can see my firsties doing the bench press move with the mouse in the video.  They are so much fun!!!





Today is our Fall Festival and the kids were so wound up and excited for tonight.  No pictures for this one but I know they are having a great time!



I am at home in the comfort of my room enjoying the peace and quiet and I can't tell you how much I LOVE my weekends after such a crazy week.

Hope you ALL have a great and fun weekend!


3 comments:

  1. I LOL watching the video....thanks. What is the app the child is using that is spelling out 'gun'....which I assume is actually g.u.m.? I am looking for a an app like that.
    Meg
    meg.jones@thompsonschools.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, the app is call Writing Wizard and I am sorry it took so long to get back to you on this. I hope you find the app and enjoy it as much as we did.

      Delete
  2. Hi Meg, I will have to get back to you on the app name when I get to school on Monday. It was a great app and the kids loved it. Yes, it is spelling out gum and it does look like the word gun doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete