Friday, September 6, 2013

Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching!!!

Click Above to Join In the Fun

Okay, this was a four day week but it felt like a seven day week!  WHEW!!!  I love teaching and I am glad when it begins to settle into a predictable routine.  Our first grade schedule was kind of a mess but it was tweaked a bit and made tolerable.  I have the best bunch of kiddos this year and I have fallen in love with all of their adorable faces and playful personalities.  


Oh!, and I won the coolest pencil sharpener EVER from Daina over at Sticky Notes and Glitter!  WOO HOOOO!!!  Oh, and it is P I N K too and I can't wait to
 get it.


This week has been really fun with my firsties getting them to build their stamina while doing "Read to Self".  They love marking their stamina sheets to show how long they have been reading.  I think their teacher is finally getting the hang of all of this?

Yes, my sweet little firsties are learning to enjoy reading and as you can see from the picture below they have a fun reason to be loving it.  They put a whole new meaning into "book baskets" this week for me.  I wish I had more room for more baskets so all of them could read in one.  It helps define their space and they can read comfortably. 



Today we played "ZAP" for the first time and they loved it and I enjoyed playing it with them.  We had a blast and I kept constantly changing the rules on them and they were all fussing at me!  (he he he)

  
I always love when September comes around and we start in on our APPLE units and activities.  One of my favorite units to teach is my "I Love Apples" (greater than, less than 10) activity.  I was working with one of my kiddos today and helping her out and she was such a good sport to sit with me.

  

I was introduced to a cute and fun app today and I thought it was great.  Now if I can just figure out how to get it from an iPad onto my interactive whiteboard?  I'm afraid if I use it the kids will make more noise when the little guy starts crying because they get too loud.  Anyway, I downloaded it and played with it and we had fun experimenting.  The name of the app is "Too Noisy" and it is free in the app store.  

Click on the picture for more information!

Okay, well that does it for me for my "Five for Friday" and here's wishing all of you a fantastic weekend and lots of fun/rest.  


5 comments:

  1. I am going to get that app RIGHT NOW!!! Your firsties look so cute in their book baskets! Looks like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all definitely up to a great start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on Five for Friday. Following! Smiles, Jayne
    Smart Kids

    P.S. I'm in Macon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne, glad you stopped by to say hello and that you are another fellow Georgian!

      Delete