Monday, July 15, 2013

"Loving Wisdom for New Teachers" Linky Party!




Hi Everybody!  

It is getting close to that time of year where some teachers have already started back to school (OUCH!) or we are going to be in the coming weeks.  I know, you don't want to hear about it or think about it right now, me either.  I have been doing a linky each year towards the end of July on imparting our experienced teacher wisdom to those new teachers that will be starting for the first time ever.  We can all say that teaching is not anything like it was when I first started teaching.  I look at that and know that it is a positive or at least try to turn it into a positive.  I, like most of my bloggy friends, are coming close to teaching for ten years on up to over thirty years.  I personally have been a teacher for decades and things have changed significantly since I graduated from Berry College.  

I want to welcome all of you as new teachers and say that as you enter this profession for the first time this year just be prepared.  You will learn quickly who will and will not help you and those that will help without asking.  There are teachers out there that still have a strong passion for teaching and can't think of doing anything else.  There are also teachers out there that will teach one year and never do it again.  Teaching is certainly not a profession that we go into to make money but we go into it because it is a calling.  How many of you have known since you were a small child that you were going to be a teacher raise your hand? (my hand is raised)

So as our gift from all of the experienced teachers to those of you who are just graduating and looking so hard for a job, here is our gift to you.  We are offering this blog linky to help you all out, because that is what excellent teachers do, we look out for each other.  I want to thank each one of you just starting out for choosing the honorable profession of being an educator!

Here is one if you would like to link up!




Now! Let's Get This Linky Party Started!      



   
a Rafflecopter giveaway

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for this linky party! I am a new teacher- my first year begins in just a few short weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations and welcome to the best job in the world! I hope you will come back later on when it has more teachers linked up! Thank you so much for being a teacher because good ones are needed!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the linky, Deb! Fabulous, as usual ;)

    ✿Valerie
    All Students Can SHINE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up Valerie! I know the new teachers will enjoy the advice!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the words of wisdom as I start my second year of teaching. Wishing you a great school year!
    Forever A Teacher, Forever A Learner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on being a teacher and stay with it! It is a hard job but the rewards are the best part.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful linky party idea! I love it! I am your newest follower! I love your blog. I'd love you to stop over to mine if you get a chance. I am thinking of wise thoughts to share! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn, glad you dropped by and please visit often!

      Delete
  5. Love this idea, Deb! And some of those bits of wisdom aren't just for newbies either!
    :-)
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susanna, I am so glad you linked up and shared your wisdom!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for this linky party! My first week of school as a teacher begins in just a few short weeks! I love hearing perspective from inspiring teachers! It helps me to calm myself for the upcoming year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, hang in there it gets better and better! Teaching is quite different now from when I started but most of the changes have been for the good of our students. When you have been teaching 37+ years you will be saying the same thing.

      Delete
  7. I'm excited to be a part of this! I taught my first year last year and needed to read your post Deb. I'm one of those who have known since I was little that I wanted to teach but I've been tempted to doubt that last year and here recently. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, don't doubt, just keep on teaching and hang in there. It will get better and better when you have about three years of experience. Just keep on going, you can do it!

      Delete
  8. I am going into my seventh year teaching. I feel a ZILLIION times more confident than I did six years ago, but I learn new things every year from other teachers- whether they've been teaching longer than me or not! I want to get in on this linky party!! I am a beginning blogger and have just started the journey this summer. Unfortunately (in true perfectionist-obsessive-teacher fashion), I don't know how to do everything or understand everything related to blogging yet even though I want to be great at it, like NOW :) I was just reading something about how to link up, but I still don't get it. I use wordpress... could you give me some tips about how to join in on this linky party and share the love?!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, I have a really good resource on Pinterest with a lot of technology stuff on it and how to get started with blogging. I pinned all of it my first year of blogging to learn how to do things. The url for the Technology Tips and Tricks is here: http://pinterest.com/teacherdebra/technology-tips-and-tricks/. Hope it helps out a little bit!

      Delete
  9. Never mind, I think I did it! Thanks for the linky party. I love your blog! :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the words of wisdom. I turn 50 on Monday and will start my first teaching job on Friday! I was a substitute teacher for 9 years and a Title One Interventionist this past year but this will be a new adventure for me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...