Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Monday "Made It" But I Had Help!

Click Above

I am joining with 4th Grade Frolics for the Kick Off of the Weekly "Monday Made It"!  I am a day late because I was so busy putting my new desk for my office together on Monday.  Yep, I bought one of those desks that you put together and boy was it a CHALLENGE!  I did have some help but in the end you have to have "team work" in your life at times!  It all went from "I am going to put a desk together" to "Now my whole room needs to be cleaned" event.  WHEW!  
Here is a picture of the stack we pulled out of the box and piled on the floor with me standing there going, "what do I do first?"  Seriously, have you ever read one of their manuals?  Okay, I did have help but he comes with four legs and he is the cutest little fur-baby E V E R!  My second son also helped because there were times when it took two to hold things while they were being put together.  


Here are the pieces to the desk all piled up and waiting for us. Of course you have to put an old blanket on the floor to keep everything from getting scratched.

Pile of never ending boards

T-Bone/desk assistant

So, after hours of standing and looking at three hundred cords under my old desk we finally realized this was going to take an entire day to do.  So, here is the desk put together with a few minor adjustments to doors and drawers.  I am enjoying it so much better then the old desk and it looks so professional.  Thanks for dropping by and reading about my desk dilemma and it really did turn out better then I thought it would.  Thank you Aaron and T-Bone for being such wonderful desk helpers.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up:) Love your finished desk...think I would have cried...scratch that, know I would have cried if I opened the box and that came out....It looks wonderful:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great desk! I hope it was worth the struggle to put together :)

    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade

    ReplyDelete