Thursday, April 25, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party... April 26th}


Click Above to go to Doodle Bugs Blog

{1} Wow, a four day week and I have a THREE day weekend!  WOO HOOOO!!!
After this weekend our school system only has 21 more days of school left!
I don't have a single thing planned for my summer break and that is the best part.  I shop at my Dollar Tree often and I found some really cute totes that are 8" x 8" for my leveled readers from Reading A-Z.  They are going to be my leveled reading homework totes for next year and my summer project.  OOPS! I guess I am going to be doing something this summer?  These are 2 for $1 and aren't the colors great?  Now I just need to figure out where and how I am going to store all of these cuties.  

{2} Now for decorating these colorful wonders!  I have just the thing and it came from the Dollar Tree. How about glitter glue?  Yep, Glitter Glue will make these bags scream "I want to go into your bookbag and be your homework"!

{3} I was doing my regular teacher blog stalking and what did I find?  I found this adorable FREEBIE from Lindsey at "The Teacher Wife" blog.  Isn't this the cutest idea for the end of school?  Thank you Lindsey and I have it put together in a Dollar Tree frame with glass and just write on it with a "wipe off" marker.  Here is the one I made using a 5 x 7 frame and she makes them in three sizes!


{4} It is finally warm enough here in GA to have the windows and doors open for my fur-babies to go in and out.  Here is a pic of my Princess Penelope basking in the sun.  She is half in the door and half out of the door and I think this is the best position for any dog.  My dogs are always sitting at the door and saying "Let me in so I can go back out again"!  LOL    

Penelope, my Sweetheart!

{5} Last, but not least, is the colorful swatters I found at the Dollar Tree and I am going to use these with a great product I found on TpT by Daina Roberts called "You Better Splat That"  ha ha ha ha, love the name!


Click the Pic for the Product

Thank you Doodle Bugs for the "Five for Friday" fun!!!


18 comments:

  1. Love those swatters! I might need to take a trip to the dollar store!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the swatters too and I can't wait to use them next week...

      Delete
  2. I love the dollar tree! We play a fun fly swatted game at the board when we review numbers or letters!


    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use shower curtains from the Dollar Tree too that have the dolch sight words on them and I have a set of flashcards I call out that they need to SWAT! So Much Fun...

      Delete
  3. I use my fly swatters and put numbers on the smart board, then I call 2 students up and give an addition problem. They have to find and swat the answer. :) The kids love it! PS. I have that exact summer countdown on our white board! It keeps me sane...28 more days to go!

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Counting down the days keeps me sane too! I am looking forward to my summer and being busy creating and getting ready for the next school year!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous - 21 days!?!!? Very exciting for you! Good finds at the Dollar Tree!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Molly, I am now following you on Instagram and enjoyed your post you did on it! I just jumped on the instagram wagon too and I think I am going to enjoy this new toy!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Brandee,

      Thanks for being a new follower and I stopped by your cute blog and became a follower as well!

      Delete
  6. Cute ideas! Thanks for sharing! I really love the bags!
    :)Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I have never been to Dollar Tree! After reading your post, I am feeling an uncontrollable urge to go. Like RIGHT.NOW. But it's 11pm, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I would love to know what your kids do with the Reading A-Z books in the bags!
    ~Danielle
    My First Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My Goodness, you have got to go to a Dollar Tree because everyone needs a DT addiction! For my little colorful bags I am going to have books and the bags are going to be leveled with only that level in each bag. So as they change levels they can grab whatever bag they need. Of course that means multiples of some levels but that is easy to handle as needed. I send home a note with them for the bags to be kept a week and/or return them when all the books are easy for them to read and they are more fluent. I always let the parents know that if there is a particular book that they like to just keep it because another one can be printed.

      Delete
  8. I love your Dollar Tree finds! I find that my summer is filling up quickly! My summer is somewhat busy already with a move and job hunt, but then there are antique store finds to get ready, and TpT purchases to print, cut, laminate, etc.! I can't wait for summer! I love, love, love you swatters! Too cute. Loved the game too, added it to my ever growing wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you dropped by Carrie and I hope you find some swatters that you like too! Good luck with your move and job hunt because I know that can be challenging. I am looking forward to summer as well and I know it will go by so fast.

      Delete
  9. I love #4! Fur-babies are the best!
    Justin Knight- Writing Pad Dad
    Writing Pad Dad Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you Justin! Fur-babies are the best and I have FOUR so I guess in order to rescue another one or more I am in need of a BIG farm out in Montana? My heart is bigger then my wallet but I always find a way to provide for my girls and the little mister!

    ReplyDelete