Monday, January 21, 2013

I Have Found the LIGHT!!! No Really, I Have!!!

Click Above to join the Linky Party

Fabulously First is joining up with Christy and Tammy over at "Fluttering Through First Grade" for their great linky party.  We are starting a new year and hopefully new and positive adventures.  A while back I was in Walmart and found these really tiny lights that fit on your finger.  There were only a few left in the box so I didn't buy them (duh moment).  I have kept an eye out for them since that time because I wanted my firsties to have them to use in reading.  I was reading through Lindsey's Blog last night and saw them.  I shouted "Hallelujah, I have found the lights I have been wanting for so long"!  Thank you Lindsey for your post and leading me to the lights.  I immediately clicked over to Oriental Trading and there they were right there, waiting on me to find them.  I know, I know, how can someone get so excited over a little tiny light?  Well, if you have first graders you will understand and "go to the light" yourself.  You know that first graders love things like this and I know they will be reading like crazy when they are delivered.  I am not going to give them out to each student (oh no, not gonna happen) because they will disappear into the hands of non-guilty children.  I am keeping these puppies all for myself to use in my small group reading.  (Bwahahaha, evil laugh)  Guess who is going to LOVE to come to me and read now?  That's right you guessed it, my first graders.
Here is a picture of these fantastic cuties and now you will know what I am talking about and want them for your classroom as well. 

Click to go to Oriental Trading

Okay, now it is your turn to go on over to Fluttering Through First Grade and link up yourself.  Go forth and share these little lights of wonder with others so we can bring joy to all first grade readers!!! 



  

2 comments:

  1. I saw those last night, too! What a great invention.
    What i have learned

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such a fun way to practice reading! And it won't break the pocketbook either!
    Thanks for linking up with us Debbie!

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...