Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Pinterest Deadend? NOOOOOOOOO!!!


How many times have you been to Pinterest or Blogs and when you click on the picture it tells you that it can't be fetched or the Blog picture wasn't a link?  I have had it happen to me so I know it can be very frustrating.  When it does happen it is something that I REALLY liked or wanted to get more information on.  Well, I found a little secret (if you have an image) where Google can help.  The next time you find something you REALLY like and the picture won't take you where you need to go, here is what you do.  Right click on the image (mac users) and "copy image address".  Then go to Google's main page and up in the upper lefthand corner click on the word "images".  Now you have a screen that looks like this: 



If you look real close you will see a camera inside the search box.  This is where you will place the image address that you retrieved earlier and paste it into Google's search box.  Begin your search by clicking on the blue box with the magnifying glass and Google will find images that are exactly like the one you just entered and other "similar" images as well.  It isn't perfect but each time I have tried it I have found my answer at last!!!  Here is a picture of my search for the best little organizer idea ever:


See how easy that was?  So the next time you are on a quest your search should end "Happily Ever After"!!!  
P.S. If you want to find the organizer that is pictured above just click on the picture and it will take you right where I found it.  Thank you Linda at Down the Learning Road Blog for being the best guinea pig ever!!!

16 comments:

  1. I have had to use this same trick more times than not. It gets so frustrating.

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha love it! I usually spend a ridiculous amount trying to track pictures down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works, it works, it works!!!!! I just used it and you saved me A MILLION HOURS trying to relocate that pin! THank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tip! Glad I could be your guinea pig :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tip. I have had this happen to me and I was disappointed. Now I know how to fix it. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't find this on Amazon - help??? This is the best thing since sliced bread ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christy, It is made by Akro-Mils and if you do a search for it on Amazon there are a lot of toolbox organizers there that you might like even better. I started off with the one above and changed to another one and decorated it on another post where it is demonstrated. Here is the link to find Akro-Mils: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_hi?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Akro-Mils&node=228013 The blog post on the one I decorated on my blog is here: http://fabulouslyfirst.blogspot.com/2012/07/toolbox-revisited-and-decorated.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I can't tell you how often that happens to me. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I can't tell you how often that happens to me. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't tell you how many times it has happened to me and it was something that I really wanted to find the most...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genius! I am pinning this post! :)

    ReplyDelete