Thursday, June 28, 2012

Let's Get to the Point!

The Best Pencil Sharpener
(click image above to go to the website)

I am a new blogger as it goes in blogger land and I saw this pencil sharpener around the internet. I just glanced at it a couple of times and one day a blog post caught my eye. The post was about "The Quietest Classroom Pencil Sharpener" and I stopped and read about it.

I have bought every electric pencil sharpener there is and would not allow the kids to use it because I already knew the life span. (funerals were held once or twice a year) So I applied to review this gorgeous green beauty and received one in the mail this week. It came in a nice reusable box for packing up at the end of the school year.


It came in a neat little plastic wrapper and it contained the hardware necessary to attach it ANYWHERE in the room without having to worry about "where is that outlet anyway"?  


I attached it easily and without any problems at all and here it is attached to my computer desk since school is out for the summer.


It can be used with the clamp either from the front or in the back if you want to attach it to classroom furniture. It doesn't have to be attached at all and it is easy to use with or without the clamp holding it. I can't wait for all my "sad pencils" to meet this gorgeous groovy guy. I bet there will be "happy pencils" in my room for months to come. Now I can even let the kids use it without having to do a pencil sharpening schedule and being the pencil police. (sigh of relief)    


Of course we had to try it out to see if it really was going to live up to what it claimed to be. We watched the video to make sure we did it the right way. The pencil came out sharper then any point I have ever seen. The clear plastic tray for the shavings makes it easy to see when it needs to be emptied instead of having to guess when it is full. It is sturdy and well made and I know that we are going to enjoy having our new friend in first grade this year. Of course we will have to come up with a name for him like any other respectable first grade classroom would do right?  Hmmmmm, what to name him......

As you are doing your "back to school" shopping for your classroom on the internet stop by and purchase one of these because you will not be disappointed!!!  Why?  Here are five very good reasons why you won't be disappointed:  

1. It is priced well and ships for free in the US
2. It is so quiet you will not have to be the pencil police
3. It can go next to where all of your pencils hang out
4. It can sharpen pencils and colored pencils
5. It has a cool retro look and is groovy green

Thank you Troy at Classroom Friendly Supplies for allowing us to review your FABULOUS groovy green pencil sharpener!!!

4 comments:

  1. I just won one not a few weeks ago and love it! Can't wait to use it next year!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    I need your help! Come check out my last post ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get mine to stay "clipped" to the counter... any suggestions?!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina... I put a tad bit of grippy type of placemat material underneath it so it wouldn't slid. They I could twist it really tight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got mine in the mail today! I can't wait to try it out!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete