Friday, May 11, 2012

"My Bucket List" for Summer and Throwback Thursday

Join "Throwback Thursday" click above

This is an OLD post from last summer when we did a linky party on our summer bucket list.  Wow!  In just a year my blogging experiences have come a LONG way!  I am glad to be a part of the Throwback Thursday with Cara over at The First Grade Parade!  


Click on the picture above to go to the Linky Party!
My "Bucket List" is going to be short and sweet because I want to spend time with my two precious grandchildren.  The picture below is something I saw on Pinterest and I am going to purchase it for them to go in their rooms so they will have a light in their room that they can touch.  Click on the picture below if you want to see this light on the internet.   





Found this cute table at a local store and am going to try to make my own in our wood shop and find the chalk paper to put on top of it.





I am changing my classroom to a polka dots theme so I need to find a place where this is NOT so expensive.

Since I have four sons I wanted to try to make this during the summer for each one of them to hang in their house but change the shape inside the frame to something different for each one of them.




I have always wanted to take all of my crayons at the end of the year and create something with them so this is something I am going to try; recycle crayons into something useful and fun.





That's it, the end of my "bucket list"!




16 comments:

  1. The polka dot duct tape is awesome!!! I want a polka dot theme!! Thanks for linking up! Apparently I wasn't a follower?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything chalkboard! And the framed maps are so cute! So glad you joined the party!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the framed maps! And that light is soooo cool. Have fun this summer with your grandkids! Thanks for linking up :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love polka dots! The frames are such a great idea!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing Polka Dots next year too!! Come check the giveaway I'm having for a HUGE polka dot classroom and word wall pack... everything you'd need to redecorate your room! Giveaway ends tomorrow- don't miss it! Glad I found your blog, I'm a new follower :)

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the polkadot theme idea! They are my fave!
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids
    Come by & visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter would love that lamp, but I'm afraid she would never go to sleep!! Have fun with your grandkids, I'm sure that will keep you plenty busy:))

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ace Hardware had that tape on sale 2 for $5. Not sure if you have one in your area or not.

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those framed heart maps are wonderful. I am so glad I popped it for a visit.

    Kelley "Following You" Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the chalk table! I want one too!

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made the crayons at Valentine's and they turned out great. TIP: soak them in water first and the paper will peel easily. I did not do this and my fingertips were sore!

    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved the chalk table,I wish I had it in my classroom

    Lusine
    Enjoy Teaching English

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think there is a spray paint that you could spray on a wood table and turn it into a chalk board. Check Home Depot or a big hardware store near you.

    Cute website!!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. I turned a tv tray into a chalk board for my kids to practice spelling words on. They loved it! I got mine at goodwill, but I saw some at Wal-Mart today and thought about making more! Hobby Lobby has chalkboard spray paint! Made it super easy! Great bucket list! :)


    …andtheyallfalldown...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...