Sunday, April 15, 2012

What is Wordle?

Have you ever used Wordle in your classroom for learning activities?  I have, and it always makes a beautiful display of what they have learned.  We use it for adjectives, nouns, pronouns and more.  It is a free tool for anyone to use and you need to visit their website to think of a way you can use it in your classroom.  I promise you the kids will love doing it and seeing the printed project when they are done.  It is a good way to do assessments as well and they can put their own names into the mix of words in their "word cloud".

Here is one created using NOUNS: a person, place or thing and then naming the nouns that come into their head as they are sitting in front of the computer.  Try it out and let me know what you used it for!
CLICK ON THE ABOVE IMAGE TO GO TO WORDLE TO GO MAKE YOUR OWN CLOUD!

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm... That seems interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    If you have a moment, check out my Clip Art/ Unit giveaway.

    Mike
    First Upon A Time
    firstuponatime@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my blog! I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Deb! I'm your newest follower on your blog and FB. Come by for a visit when you get a chance!

    Bloggy Blessings!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    My class uses Wordle ALL THE TIME! Love it! The kids think it is very fun to see how it turns out in the end. We've used it for parts of speech, spelling words, word families...OCEAN animals...

    There is just so much you can do with it!

    OH, and I love the new blog look! Super cute!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. On www.txt2pic.com you can make more images with your text.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE and use Wordle often. Most recently I used it to create End of the Year gifts for my fifth graders that I hope they will hold on to and cherish for years to come.

    Check it out here:The Reading Buddies End of Year Wordle Blog Post

    Love your Blog!
    -Damien of the Reading Buddies

    ReplyDelete