Thursday, March 22, 2012

Scrabble and Chickens???


OK, today I was teaching my wonderful First graders how to play scrabble and we got off to a pretty good start.  I left them alone for only a minute I promise and this is what happens when you do that.  You come back to a bunch of words all scrunched together and attached in places where they don't belong.  OK, so we got the word "zombie" on there and I'm not quite sure that is allowed in a first graders brain?


This evening I went to run errands and I was in Walgreens and I found these cute plastic chickens and my first thought was, "Hey, I know I can come up with something really cool for these little cuties".  Well, I have thought of ONE idea.  OK, so if YOU had these cute yellow chickens to put in a center what would you do with them???

5 comments:

  1. thanks for following my blog! Now following yours! Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for following my blog! Now following yours! Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute chick! Does he open up? Have you seen people put two dice inside and you have to shake and add? For reading maybe you could make a sound die and have some eggs with words matching those sounds. The kids have to shake the chick and match the sound they "roll" to the matching word egg. Does that make sense? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog..i love it, so cute..i love scrabble too..i'm an avid fan of it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! Maybe, next time they need to have an adult to check whether or not a word is permissible in the game. :P Anyway, I think it’s great that you are teaching your students Scrabble at their very young age. The game can certainly help them improve their vocabulary, reading, and writing skills. Good job!

    Esmeralda Tabarez

    ReplyDelete